- Source code
- Status: Usable
- Description: Compliance checker/test runner for ActivityPub and by extension, ForgeFed
ftest is a compliance checking tool that is similar to
matrix-org/sytest but for ActivityPub and ForgeFed.
An instance (will be) is hosted by ForgeFlux, that is run on renewable energy.
- New jobs are fetched from the control repository. At any given time, ftest will run only one job. Therefore, each commit on the control repository must modify one specimen only.
- TODO: create
ftestDocker network (right now, this is done by hand)
- The specimen test environment is deployed using
docker-compose.ymlavailable in the test network. The specimen might have dependency services (like a database or a chase), but the specimen service should be added to the
- Get a list of initialization workflows from
ftest.tomland run them sequentially.
- Run test suites sequentially. A test suite might contain more than
one tests, all of them are launched in parallel. They are added to
ftestDocker net by the
- Wait for tests from previous test to run to completion, collect logs and delete containers. And run next test suite.
- Aggregate logs and write to result repository.
- Push result repository.
- Wait for next test job.